[Equest-users] Benefit to modeling duct losses in cold climates?

Joe Huang yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com
Wed Mar 25 11:38:20 PDT 2015

Chris,

I don't understand your concern.  You say that eQUEST models duct losses in terms of how
(they) affect unconditioned zones, but isn't that what Plenums are? As far as I know, when
eQUEST/DOE-2.2 models duct losses, they degrade the HVAC output to the conditioned spaces,
and add those losses into the Plenum spaces.
Am I missing something here?

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.