[Equest-users] Benefit to modeling duct losses in cold climates?

Jones, Christopher cjones at halsall.com
Wed Mar 25 12:47:38 PDT 2015

Chris,
I suggest you go back and read the DOE22Vol2-Dictionary manual.  If you are talking about the DUCT-AIR-LOSS, then yes, the duct zone must be a plenum or unconditioned zone.

If you are talking about  the heat/cool energy lost (DUCT-DT or DUCT-UA) then the duct zone can be a plenum if one exists or any zone on the system, you specify the DUCT-ZONE.  Only 1 zone is specified.

Christopher Jones, P.Eng.