[Hap-users] Simulating an exhaust fan to cool a transformer room

Matthew Scott MScott at nefisher.com
Wed Aug 14 07:38:42 PDT 2013

Thanks all for your suggestions.

Matt Scott

N.E. Fisher & Associates, Inc.

329 East Second St, 2nd Flr

Boyertown, PA 19512

e: mscott at nefisher.com

p: 610-369-3190

f: 610-369-3194

From: hap-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org
[mailto:hap-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] On Behalf Of Dusko
Nikolic
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 5:00 AM
To: hap-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: Re: [Hap-users] Simulating an exhaust fan to cool a transformer
room

I did that once using CAV DX unit.

I cant exactly remember because I don't have HAP in front of me but it
should go something like this:

1. you set up your room as usual. allow for some small quantity of
outdoor air in l/s
2. Set up DX CAV airhandler and choose supply air by quantity not
temperature. Use same amount of supply air as outdoor air in step 1
3. use direct exhaust from zone and set it up at same amount of air as
in step 1 and 2
4. use indoor temperature that you are targeting.
5. run hap and look at the coil load. If coil load is positive figure
increase air quantities in step 1, 2 and 3
6. run hap again and keep increasing air quantity until you get 0 for
coil load

And that should be it than.

Regards