[Trace-users] Water Source Heat Pump - Heat Rejection

Radhika Gundavelli RGundavelli at southlandind.com
Thu Jun 24 10:38:16 PDT 2010

Hello all,

The building that I am trying to model has two areas - Admin and server
areas. We are serving the server area using chilled water CRAC units.
The admin are will be served by water source heat pumps, but instead of
using the condenser water loop for heat rejection, we want to use the
chilled water return from the CRAC units. I am trying to run the same in
Trace.

The difficulty is that by default Trace allows you to reject heat from
water source heat pumps to cooling towers. On the Cooling equipment tab
for create plants, Trace populates only the list of cooling towers for
the heat rejection type. Is there a way to do this in Trace?

Regards,

Radhika Gundavelli