[Trace-users] Fan power

AChapin at sriregistrar.com AChapin at sriregistrar.com
Fri Apr 11 07:03:52 PDT 2014

Hi John,

I wasn't able to make any changes to the model to correct the difference
in fan power. However, I noticed a couple of things.

The Baseline Case "Pretend" doesn't include any pressure drop adjustments
from Table 6.5.3.1.1B. This will help increase the baseline fan power.
Note that credit for heat recovery devices may not be taken unless it is
required in the Baseline Case system (see note under Table G3.1.2.9).
The Proposed Case "Actual" fan power seems high. See attached pdf for a
range of BHPs for a sample TRANE AHU at 3,000 cfm. They range from 0.88 to
3.08 depending on the system total static pressure. The system in the
model has a nominal HP of 10 which is being modeled as 7.46 kW.

Hope that helps,
Alex Chapin

Alex N. Chapin
Sustainability Program Engineer
SRI Green Building Certification, LLC
300 Northpointe Circle ? Suite 304
Seven Fields, PA 16046 ? USA

www.SRIRegistrar.com
achapin at SRIRegistrar.com
T: (724) 934-9000 x619
F: (724) 935-6825

Building Sustainability
This message and any included attachments are from SRI Quality System
Registrar, and are intended only for the addressee. The information
contained herein may include privileged or confidential information.
Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing or using
such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have
received this message in error, or have reason to believe that you are not
authorized to receive it, please promptly delete it and notify the sender
by e-mail with a copy to mail at sriregistrar.com.  Thank you.