[TRNSYS-users] Unglazed collector with specific parameters

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Fri Dec 28 11:35:36 PST 2012

<I am looking for an unglazed collector type, within i can enter
parameters of the standard EN 12975-2 : bu, b1, b2 (respectively
collector efficiency coefficient (m-1s), heat loss coefficient (Wm-2K-1)
and collector efficiency coefficient (Wsm-3K-1)). I found the types 553
and 559 but i can't find the documentation, apparently the model relies
on algorithms supplied by the solar collector text: "Solar Engineering
of Thermal Processes by Duffie and Beckman". Where can I find this
document? and what's the difference between type 553 and 559 ?>

If you
have purchased the TESS Libraries, the documentation for those
components can be found in the TESS ModelsDocumentation folder. Type 553
takes the standard efficiency parameters and 559 takes the collector
properties (F', UL etc) in order to calculate the performance.

But if
you have the results from the EN12975 test, then there is a model that
is perfect for your use. The new TESS Solar Library has collector models
that takes the parameters from the EN12975 test. There are actually
three versions of this model differing only in the approach they use for
the incidence angle modifiers. One version takes a 1-D file of IAMs, one
takes a 2-D file based on transverse and longitudinal IAMs and the third
takes the IAM = 1 - b0*S - b1*S^2 approach.

Jeff

---

Jeff Thornton

_President - TESS LLC_

_22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703_

_Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475_

_www.tess-inc.com_

_E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com_