[TRNSYS-users] Type 618_Limited maximum pressure

Javier Sanz javier.sanz at imdea.org
Mon Jul 9 08:49:01 PDT 2012

Hi every one,

I am trying to simulate solar power plants, but I got the following
errors within the pump, type 618, in a simple case as the enclosed one:

   1. If inlet pressure is 0.05 bar and outlet below 90 bar, it works
      well. But if outlet pressure is set above 110 bar you get:
      "run-time error M6201: Math - : Domain error..." You get the same
      error even if inlet pressure is higher. Did anyone find the
      problem, or a solution? Is this parameter limited to any value? I
      have checked the source code, but I could not find the error.
   2. On the other hand, the 2nd parameter "Thermal Loss Fraction" looks
      like should be higher than the "pump efficiency". It means, big
      numbers such as 0.8, 0.9.... And not 0.15. In the examples
      (Rankine cycle, Steam-electric power plant) this parameter is
      called "Pump motor efficiency". Which is the right name?

Thanks in advanced

JAvi

--
Javier Sanz Bermejo
IMDEA Energía

Phone: +34-917371147
e-mail: javier.sanz at imdea.org
web: http://www.energia.imdea.org

-----
Change the world; get into "Reduced, Reused and Recycled" Energy Cycle
    1st: Reduce energy consumption
           2nd: Increase energy efficiency
                   3rd: Use renewable energy