[TRNSYS-users] Type 592_Steam turbine

Javier Sanz javier.sanz at imdea.org
Mon Jul 9 09:16:48 PDT 2012

Hi every one,

Simulating power plants I had found some problems within the steam
turbine, type 592:

   1. I have tried to simulate the power block presented by
      A.M.Blanco-Marigorta [1]. The high pressure turbine works well,
      but the results of the low pressure stage are completely
      different. I tried to simplify the problem and analysed just one
      stage ("Prueba_Tur" enclosed file): the expansion from:

         1. Tin = 373.4 ºC / Pin = 16.5 bar / Hin = 3196 kJ/kg
         2. Pout = 13.99 bar, which must correspond with Tout = 352 ºC /
            Hout = 3154.7 kJ/kg.

    But with TRNSYS I got Tout = 239 ºC / Hout = 2897 kJ/kg. Isentropic
    eff. = 0.85. I checked this with Ebsilon and the results from [1]
    should be right.

   3. On the other hand, I had found that this turbine, which should
      works well with 5 extractions/injections, works well up to 4
      extraction, but not with 5. Please, find enclosed the example
      files "Prueba_Tur_LP 4 Extraction" and "Prueba_Tur_LP 5 Extraction"
   4. Finally, as can be seen in "Prueba_Tur_LP 4 Extraction" the
      pressure along the turbine does not vary as function of the mass
      flow. Does this mean that the turbine model has not implemented
      Stodola's law.

Could anyone help me?

Thanks in advanced

[1] Blanco-Marigorta, A. M., Victoria Sanchez-Henríquez, M., &
Peña-Quintana, J. A. (2011). Exergetic comparison of two different
cooling technologies for the power cycle of a thermal power plant.
/Energy/, /36/(4), 1966-1972. Retrieved from
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0360544210005128

--
Javier Sanz Bermejo
IMDEA Energía

Phone: +34-917371147
e-mail: javier.sanz at imdea.org
web: http://www.energia.imdea.org

-----
Change the world; get into "Reduced, Reused and Recycled" Energy Cycle
    1st: Reduce energy consumption
           2nd: Increase energy efficiency
                   3rd: Use renewable energy