[TRNSYS-users] Use of Type 99

MERIEM SOUSSI soussi_meriem2005 at yahoo.fr
Sun Apr 27 16:05:11 PDT 2014

Dear Trnsys-users,
I'm using type 99 to read a weather file in user format.
I created the weather data file in the appropriate format and tested it in order to verify the data produced by type 99. The file is created with one hour time interval and the simulation needed is also of 1h interval, so I need type 99 to read the exact values supplied without modification, I only need it to process several surfaces.
I have the following questions:
1- How can I get the exact values of ambient Temperature that I supply in the data file? I tested with "No interpolation"
and i didn't get the right values?
2- How can I get the exact values of relative humidity, I tested with no interpolation and <interp>=0. and I get wrong values.
3- I have the values of  IBEAM_H,  IBEAM_N,  IDIFF_H  and IGLOB_H. Is it correct to write them all in the weather data file or this may cause a problem and I should respect the choice:  (Ib and Id, I and Id, I and Ibn) as mentioned in the help document?
4- If I have to choose between the irradiation values mentioned above, which irradiation I need to supply in addition to  IBEAM_N.
Actually, I need to supply the DNI (IBEAM_N) since I'm using a field of parabolic trough solar collectors and I want to be sure of the values used.
Thank you in advance for help
Cordially

Meriem SOUSSI
Ingénieur énergéticien/doctorant