[TRNSYS-users] Issues with Max Heating Load Calculation

Kristen Jaczko k.jaczko at queensu.ca
Fri Aug 7 10:55:30 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I am trying to use TRNBuild to find the max heating load in a building but keep coming across this error:

UNABLE TO FIND A ROOT AFTER INDICATION THAT A ROOT EXISTED
 CHECK THE WALL TYPE AFTER THE LAST CALCULATED WALL
OFTEN THE WALL CAPACITY IS TO SMALL TO CALCULATE A TRANSFER FUNCTION !
 CHECK ALSO YOUR TIMEBASE !

I checked previous emails with this same error and none of the suggestions (ie wall thickness and timebase) seemed to make any difference. Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated. I’ve attached the ‘INF’ file for reference.

Cheers,
Kristen