[BLDG-SIM] Simulation of electric thermal storage

Dominique Michaud Dominique.Michaud at dessausoprin.com
Thu Nov 22 10:36:22 PST 2001

Has anyone simulated electric thermal storage systems in DOE2.1E? I am
trying to simulate the effect of installing units such as the type
manufactured by Steffes Corporation (these units use high-density ceramic
bricks as the thermal storage medium):
http://www.steffes.com/P_roomunits.html.

In particular, I'm looking for precise DOE2.1E PLANT commands that are
required to simulate such a system.

Any help is appreciated.

Dominique Michaud
Building Energy Technician