[BLDG-SIM] Lab system in ECB & LEED

Dennis Lee Gmail dennis.lee.pe at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 11:58:47 PDT 2006

Eric, I am checking 90.1-2004, I do not have 90.1-1999 in hand.

from Definitions, Process Energy and Process Load should include
provisions of make-up air for fume hood exhaust (also kitchen hood).

from Clause 6.5.7.2, it does not classify if fume hood is or not process

from User's Manual 90.1-2004, in page 6-13: the example refers to
Table 6.8.1A to M (it is an error because Table 6.8.1A to J only shown
in 90.1-2004)

from User's Manual 90.1-2004, in page 6-15, the expample only state
"tight humidity control" (not to comply with 90.1, just like energy
for elevator or computer server room, i.e. not included in modeling).
The example does not state OA for fume hood should or not be comply
with 90.1 or not. I highly recommend you need read this example
CAREFULLY, this is very similar to your case

In general, my thoughts are:
1. OA load for hood is process load
2. This load should be included in modeling as non-regulated
3. LEED only compares regulated energy saving, read Reference Guide
v2.1 page 145 again.

I hope the result of our discussion (even no final result) should make
more people aware of, and listen other's voices.

Dennis

Other reference resources:
LEEDv2.1 CIR 6/8/2005 ruling