[BLDG-SIM] Fan Coil Winter Cooling Load

Keith Lane keith_lane at g-g-d.com
Mon Nov 26 07:01:35 PST 2007

I am modeling a 5 story multifamily residential building located n Rhode
Island in the wizard of eQuest. I am comparing a heat pump system versus
a fan coil system. When I simulate the fan coil system I am seeing an
unexpected cooling load in the winter months (Nov - Feb). However, there
is not a cooling load for these months with my heat pump system. Both
runs are identical with the exception of the HVAC systems. Any ideas or
suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Keith Lane, LEED AP

Mechanical Engineer

Garcia.Galuska.DeSousa

Consulting Engineers                     Inc.

370 Faunce Corner Road, Dartmouth, MA 02747

p.508.998.5700                          f. 508.998.0883