Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Equipment Scheduling?

As you suggest, internal gains, plus outside air, must be at expected peak
levels during the cooling design day(s) in order to adequately size the coils.
One quick check is to change the day type on your cooling design day(s) to be a
Monday and see if this helps the situation.  Also check that the supply air
temperature controls are consistent with the temperatures in the zone and
system sizing objects.  And remember that fan heat is neglected in the current
sizing algorithm.  This can be allowed for by setting teh SYSTEM SIZING cooling
supply temp a few degrees (equal to the supply fan temperature rise) lower than
the ZONE SIZING cooling supply temp.

Mike

On 29 May 2007 at 16:20, noelcrrl wrote:

> Dear All-
>
> I am modeling a building whose HVAC system turns off during hours of
> non-occupancy.  I have noticed, according to the ESO, that on most
> mornings, the zones need to be cooled before occupancy.  The HVAC
> system turns on one hour before occupancy and is very good about
> bringing the space to temperature before occupants arrive, but it has a
> difficult time maintaining temperature during occupancy.  I don't know
> what can be causing this.  My guess is that it might be attributed to
> the fact that I don't have the equipment scheduled during my design day
> sizing routines, which can affect my cooling coil sizing.  However, I
> don't know if this is the real answer.  Does anyone have any advice on
> this matter?
>
> Noel

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
> Documentation link and press the "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx