[Equest-users] 回复:RE: 转发:The results of your email commands

冷面寒枪 503271081 at qq.com
Mon Sep 29 16:24:50 PDT 2014

Thanks for your perfect reply!

---原始邮件---
发件人: "Nick Caton"<nick at 360-analytics.com>
发送时间: 2014年09月30日 07:15:19
收件人: "'冷面寒枪'"<503271081 at qq.com>;"'Equest-users'"<equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org>;
主题: RE: [Equest-users] 转发:The results of your email commands

I was just looking into this recently.

For VRF systems, I’ve seen direction to use PSZ, PVVT, and PTAC.  PVVT is the approach endorsed/outlined by the Oregon energy trust in a powerpoint PDF that has made the rounds here on the lists a few times, and as such is probably “most suggested.”  PVVT by distinction can model variable/multispeed fan control at the terminal level, which may or may not reflect your actual equipment (depends on make/model).  Fan control can also be made “constant” in that regard if need be, as such this may be the most flexible solution.  PSZ stands out from this trio as a zonal system type – this fact may make it an easier system to consider in relation to a model or baseline you’ve already substantially developed with a zonal system type.

There is more than one right answer, and it’s worth noting/acknowledging VRF is fundamentally different in operation than any system type currently within eQuest.

Review of LG and Mitsubishi’s suggested practices / guidance shows some slight contradictions.  Both notably prescribe system type PSZ, to start, but Mitsubishi explicitly mentions PVVT and PTAC as viable alternatives as well.  Somewhere along the way I recall reading that energy recovery elements may be more easily accounted for with PSZ over PVVT… can’t recall the specific source.  LG by has produced a library of (air-cooled) curves specifically for use with modeling variable speed compressors.   Mitsubishi in contrast (perhaps, in response… also for air-cooled VRF) asserts it isn’t critical to explicitly model variable speed compressors to approximate VRF within eQuest, rather that the PLR/EIR/Capacity curves furnished by the manufacturer can, together, adequately address performance.

As I understand it, any chosen approach to VRF in eQuest involves “post-processing” hourly reports to quantify and sum “free” heating/cooling energies.  There is some variance in guidance (between the energy trust of OR and Mitsubishi) on how to sum those free heating/cooling energies... both methods appear conservative to my understanding of how VRF works (summing each hour’s energies in isolation of the preceding hourly results), but then I am certainly no expert.

~Nick

原文图片

NICK CATON, P.E.
Senior Engineer