[BLDG-SIM] "Cool Roofing"

Guedi Capeluto arrguedi at techunix.technion.ac.il
Tue Oct 8 09:11:58 PDT 2002

Hello,

Some years ago we published a work that presented a sensitivity analysis
of building's energy performance in a hot-humid climate (Tel Aviv)
to the values assigned to various design parameters among them Roof
color. It was done for a standard heavily constructed apartment building
block, using the simulation model ENERGY developed by Shaviv and Shaviv.
The results show that the influence is dependent on the roof insulation
and can be positive or negative during different seasons.

For more details check:

 Shaviv E. and I. G. Capeluto, 1992. "The Relative Importance of Various
Geometrical Design  Parameters in Hot-Humid Climate", "ASHRAE Trans.",
Vol.98, AN-92-1-1, Baltimore. (pp. 589-605)

Best,

Guedi Capeluto

---

Arch. Guedi Capeluto, D.Sc.
Faculty of Architecture and Town Planning
Technion - Israel Institute of Technology
Technion City, Haifa 32000. Israel.
Tel: +972.4.8294013    Fax: +972.4.8294617
email: arrguedi at tx.technion.ac.il