[BLDG-SIM] Palo Alto weather files

David S Eldridge DSE at grummanbutkus.com
Wed Mar 26 11:56:18 PST 2003

Thank you for your replies everyone, I wanted to post back with the most
common suggestion, which was to use the California Climate Zone weather
file #4, which as it turns out is a weather tape from Sunnyvale...one of
the next towns over from Palo Alto, about halfway between PA and San
Jose.  I may perform runs for San Jose and SF to show the client the
effects of their location selection, however Sunnyvale appears to be the
most reasonable selection for the primary analysis.

An explanation of the climate zones can be found here:
http://www.energy.ca.gov/maps/climate_zone_map.html with a listing of
which actual location the weather file is from.

The weather files themselves are available from the DOE EnergyPlus
weather site or the DOE2.com weather download site.  (Among others?)

Thanks again for your suggestions!

David