[BLDG-SIM] Building Simulation Software???

Jason Glazer jglazer at gard.com
Thu Mar 20 07:06:22 PST 2003

Stirling,

DOE-2 is a text based program that has had several user
interfaces added to it. I know that people have used it for
LEED certification. You can see who sells DOE-2 and the
different interfaces at:

http://simulationresearch.lbl.gov/dirsoft/d2vendors.html

To see a list of many different energy simulation tools, go
to:

http://www.eere.energy.gov/buildings/tools_directory/

and look under "energy simulation" under "whole building
analysis"

Jason

On 20 Mar 2003 at 8:25, Stirling Walkes wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have recently subscribed to the group.  I was hoping to
> get some feedback from users for the various simulation
> programs available. Our firm is looking at acquiring a
> suitable simulation program for modeling buildings for LEED
> rating purposes as well as green building incentive
> programs.  We had a trial version of TAS by EDSL in our
> office but we have nothing to compare it to.  Is DOE-2 a
> straight-forward application with a reasonable
> user-interface? Are there other programs that are
> user-friendly while producing a comprehensive simulation?
>
> Any assistance would be appreciated.
>

> V. Stirling Walkes, P.Eng.
> SMS Engineering Ltd.
> 770 Bradford Street
> Winnipeg MB R3H 0N3 Canada
> phone: 204.775.0291
> fax: 204.772.2153
> Swalkes at smseng.com
>

> You received this e-mail because you are subscribed
> to the BLDG-SIM at GARD.COM mailing list.  To unsubscribe from
> this mailing list send a blank message to
> BLDG-SIM-UNSUBSCRIBE at GARD.COM

Jason Glazer, P.E.  jglazer AT gard DOT com  847 698 5686
GARD Analytics - http://www.gard.com/
1028 Busse Highway, Park Ridge, IL 60068
Building Energy Simulation and Analysis
Admin of BLDG-SIM list for building simulation users