[BLDG-SIM] Clarification: Hourly electrical utility report

Chris Jones cj at cr-jay.ca
Sat May 3 07:12:41 PDT 2003

It seems to me that if you don't assign any loads to electrical meters
other than Electric Meter #1, the default, then you can get your total
demand and kWh from VARIABLE-TYPE = END-USE, 23.

Note that the hourly report 22 is both demand and kWh.  Sum the values for
a day or month or year to get total kWh.

>I have a number of questions regarding what I was looking for in my
>earlier email.  I thought I should clarify why I am asking for advice:  I
>actually need hourly reports to verify the metered building electrical
>energy versus the amount of electrical energy generated by building
>mounted photovoltaics.  I need to determine what percentage of the yield
>from the PV system is in excess of the total building load at any point
>during the year.  In my building, if the yield is greater than the load,
>then corresponding amount of electricity in kWh will be "net-metered" or
>reverse metered to the grid.  Since we will be developing an hour-by -hour
>model of the PV yield, I need a whole building energy end use-report to
>match.  The ultimate goal will be to predict the amount of energy sold
>back to the utility.  I know that I have total operating hours and demand
>kW in other reports.  In summary, that's why I need an hour-by-hour report.
>
>Thanks again,
>
>Patrick J Dolan
>Prisco Serena Sturm Architects
>3351 Commercial Ave.