[bldg-sim] LEED Modeling question

Mike Tillou miket at etcgrp.com
Tue Aug 17 05:52:19 PDT 2004

I have a question for everyone.  I am currently working on an energy
model for a LEED project and the architect has done a good job of
putting low occupancy spaces / corridors along the perimeter of the
building.  I was hoping for some in-sight into how to set up a baseline
model so that I can capture the benefits of the architects floor plan
given that I am not supposed to change schedules or occupant levels.
How appropriate would it be to put occupied zones on the perimeter in
the baseline model and then move them to the interior?  It seems like
the right answer but i'm not sure.

Thanks for any help.

Michael Tillou, PE
etc Group, Inc.