[BLDG-SIM] TMY2 Data Conversion to Bin Data

Randy Wilkinson randy at hvacware.net
Tue Jun 15 09:56:23 PDT 2004

Yes...I have a program that converts TMY2 weather data to bin weather
data.  I ask only $25 to license it.

However, it does not use the binary versions of the TMY2 files that DOE2
uses.  It requires the ASCII version of the TMY2 files.  These file are
avainable for 239 US cities, FREE , thanks to the US government.

One of the big problems with bin weather data that has been previously
published, is that it is usually not itemized for occupied hours vs
unoccupied hours.  Or, if anything, it is itemized for three 8 hour
periods each day.  My program allows you to specify the occupied hours
and then creates 2 sets of bin weather data for the year...Occupied and
Unoccupied.

My program also has a mode to extract the 8760 hours of temperature
data, if that's what you really want.  I suspect that since this program
does a good job of separating occupied bins from unoccupied bins, you
won't need the 8760 weather data.

For more details, visit:    http://www.hvacware.net/tmy2bin.html

Randy
---