[bldg-sim] Apache uni-dimensional heat transfer assumption

Pueltz, Gunter GPueltz at MuellerBBM.de
Fri Sep 16 07:38:24 PDT 2005

Dear Chris,

I recommend you to perform some detailled FEM-calculations combined
with CFD-Sims for typical corners of your building and afterwards
you can adjust the 1-D heatflux of related walls by varying the external
heat transfer coefficients; for that you can increase the external
heat transfer coefficient either for convection and/or for
thermal radiation (emissivity of external surface) .....

As a more sophisticated alternative you can also use a simulation tool,
which shows the
facility of 3-D-heat conduction within a wall. As far as I know this
facility is available in the software package ESP-r of Joe Clark, ESRU, ....

Regards,
Gunter