[BLDG-SIM] Modeling Centralized GSHP in Equest

Peter Alspach peter.alspach at arup.com
Thu Apr 19 09:36:25 PDT 2007

I have done a similar system once before but only at the schematic
design level. I ended up having to use the lake/well option and estimate
the source temp. I ended up using monthly source temps that I scheduled
based on estimates from a borefield designer/contractor who did some
separate modeling of the borefield. It took some iterations as I had to
run the model on typicall; chiller/boiler systems first to get loads
that he could then put into his borefield model. In the end it was
probably accurate enough for the purposes of SD- level system
comparisons.

These models in equest baffle me as to why they have such restrictions
built-into them - perhaps the software developers can shed light on
their reasons for these restrictions, but it certainly is frustrating,
as you have found out...

Peter