[BLDG-SIM] eQUEST- adding a roof

Dana Troy DTroy at glumac.com
Mon Aug 6 13:09:38 PDT 2007

Here is what you need to do when adding a partial roof to a space:

*	Create a copy of the polygon of the space you want a roof over. You can find out what polygon it is by finding the space and clicking "properties." The polygon should be listed there.
*	Create a new exterior wall for that space by right clicking on the space and selecting "create exterior wall." In the details for that wall, make the location "Top" and attach it to that polygon you just created.
*	Find the polygon in the edit tree on the left and double click on it. You will see the vertices of the polygon. Now you can erase some of the points or add some if needed. By hitting "Tab" after entering each point, it will update the polygon and you can see what your roof shape looks like.

This is a tedious task, but it is the only way you can make a partial roof.

Hope this helps.

Dana Troy, EIT
Energy Analyst

 <http://www.glumac.com/>