[BLDG-SIM] Ecotect query

Ramana Koti ramana.koti at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 13:25:07 PDT 2007

Dear all,

I'm facing some challenges with Ecotect, partly because of my limited
familiarity with the tool. Specifically with a US building in mind, I need
your input on the following:

1. Is it possible to get a Btu number for whole building energy consumption
directly out of the software? (as opposed to the exclusive heating and
cooling Btus output in the thermal analysis tab)
2. Is it possible to associate a utility rate, time of use or linear, and
get a total dollar number for annual utility cost - for instance as required
by ASHRAE energy cost budget/Appendix G?
3. Is it possible to get a number for peak electric demand as opposed to
just peak cooling load?

Thanks,

Ramana Koti, LEED AP
Sustainable Building Analyst

ELEMENTS | a division of berkebile nelson immenschuh mcdowell architects
106 W. 14th Street Suite 200
Kansas City, Missouri 64105

p 816.783.1635 f 816.783.1501
www.bnim.com| elements.bnim.com