[BLDG-SIM] Gas Fireplace

Chris Jones cj at cr-jay.ca
Tue Jul 24 14:10:04 PDT 2007

The tricky thing is the schedule of fireplace use.  Then you need to
determine how much heat is transferred into the space versus how much
goes up the chimney.  Then define a process load and schedule.  Set
the sensible gain appropriately.  In the zone you need to define an
exhaust fan, fan power and schedule to match the source use schedule.

At 17:24 2007-07-05, you wrote:
>Hello Analyst/Engineers,
>
>Need input on how to model fireplace and the dedicated exhaust fan.
>It is 300,000Btu/h gas fire place that is used for esthetical only.
>All heat is being exhausted through the chimney with 3200cfm VSD exhaust fan.
>    * Can somebody point me how to model this in eQuest?
>    * Since it is not used for heating purposes, I assume it should
> be modeled both for baseline and proposed model?
>Any input is greatly appreciated.
>Thanks
>
>Virdiansyah "Virdi" Permana
>EMSI
>Energy Analyst
>(202) 291 3102 T
>(202) 291 3107 F
>

>You received this e-mail because you are subscribed
>to the BLDG-SIM at GARD.COM mailing list.  To unsubscribe
>from this mailing list send a blank message to
>BLDG-SIM-UNSUBSCRIBE at GARD.COM

Chris Jones, P.Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, ON M5J2E3