[Bldg-sim] Process Loads

Patrick J. O'Leary, Jr. poleary1969 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 14:28:26 PDT 2011

also note that if you're dealing with a small IT closet, or data room,
90.1 applies to comfort cooling applications.  i.e. people comfort, not
machinery comfort.  try getting a liebert unit per the efficiency
requirements of 90.1 chapter 6.  probably won't happen.  if you're just
dealing w/a small IT closet or small data room and it is served by a
packaged dx system i've just put them in both the proposed and baseline
since it constitutes a single thermal zone.

but as far as process loads go, i typically include it/data in process
loads & haven't had that questioned yet.  it does, after all, add to the
total process that reviewer's look for being 25% of the baseline
building cost.