[Bldg-sim] Advanced Course on Sustainable Lighting Practices (organised by TERI and PHILIPS)

Jason Glazer jglazer at gard.com
Tue Sep 25 09:05:53 PDT 2012

Chris,

course does not seem to be related to building energy
simulation and modeling. Please do not post courses that are
unrelated to the topic of the mailing list in the future."

The posting guidelines are on the following page:

http://onebuilding.org/guidelines.html

I tend to warn people when they go outside the guidelines
and unsubscribe them or ban them when they persist. Most of
the time people just apologize.

I have tried to make the guidelines fit the interests of
those on the mailing lists. If you think they should be
revised let me know.

In order to completely eliminate the issue, we would have to
moderate the list (i.e. have someone approve each message
before it is sent to everyone). I am not sure it is enough
of a problem to go to that step. I have also thought about
making new subscriber's messages get moderated until they
show that they are posting on topic and within the
guidelines but most new subscribers have legitimate questions.

I welcome your feedback.

Jason