[Bldg-sim] shady place simulation

Duggin, Cory Cory.Duggin at tlc-eng.com
Fri Jun 6 06:12:51 PDT 2014

I think you could model this in IESVE using the macroflow application.  You would have to draw all the openings as windows rather than holes, and then set the windows to be open all the time.  This would allow for shading and air to pass through the space.  You could then export those flows for any point in time as boundary conditions to microflow to perform CFD and calculate the thermal comfort metrics.

Cory Duggin, EI
Energy Engineer I
TLC Engineering for Architecture
direct dial 615-346-1939