[EnergyPlus_Support] Queries with the branches

Some queries about the branches:

- As I have understood from the InputOutput Reference a BRANCH is the collection of components in series.When 2 nodes are connected directly without any component between them, this has to be defined as a PIPE.
A LOOP is a collection of branches (i.e. Air Loop) and so is requested in the Air Primary Loop Object in the Field Air Loop Branch List Name. As a PIPE is a branch with no components inside, how can I include the pipe into the Air Loop Branch List?

- Do the Air Loop side node (Return Air Loop Inlet Node or Supply Air Loop Outlet Node) need to be connected with the Zone Equipment nodes (Zone Equip Group Outlet Node or Zone Equip Group Inlet Node) with a PIPE and in that case, in which loop do I have to include them?

- In a splitter or mixer, the inlet node(s) and the outlet node(s) need to be connected with a PIPE ?

Thanks a lot

Francisco Lara

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

http://www.eren.doe.gov/buildings/energy_tools/energyplus/