From: Michael J. Witte [mailto:mjwitte@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 4:28 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Best Model builder - Geometry,
Constructions, profiles

Damien:

There are no user interface programs available yet for EnergyPlus.
Several private software firms have indicated interest in developing
interfaces, but there have been no official product announcements.

Currently available input tools distributed with EnergyPlus include
an IFC CAD file translator for describing building surfaces, and the
IDF Editor which assists users with object syntax.  For more
information on the capabilites of the IFC translator, see
EnergyPlus\PreProcess\IFCtoIDF\IFCtoIDF_User_Manual.pdf in your
EnergyPlus install directory.

Mike Witte

On 6 Feb 2002, at 14:31, spillanedamien wrote:

> Hello,
> I have just downloaded a copy of Energyplus and am amazed at some of
> it's features. As am experienced TAS and Apache user I was wondering
> what is the best model builder for the program. How easy is it to
> specify profiles, etc. in a TAS/APache style manner to the model?
> Thank you very much
> Damien Spillane

> http://www.eren.doe.gov/buildings/energy_tools/energyplus/
>
> The group web site is:

http://www.eren.doe.gov/buildings/energy_tools/energyplus/

Sponsored by VeriSign - The Value of Trust
Secure all your Web servers now - with a proven 5-part
strategy. The FREE Server Security Guide shows you how.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/iWSNbC/VdiDAA/yigFAA/dkFolB/TM

http://www.eren.doe.gov/buildings/energy_tools/energyplus/