[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: DFX File Rendering

I answered my own question by looking closer at the model inputs.  I
was viewing the example file for testing recessed windows and the
windows are several inches inboard of the walls. Consequently they
disappear using either AutoCAD or Voloview Express if one tries to
view shaded surfaces.
--- In EnergyPlus_Support@y..., Linda Lawrie <linda@l...> wrote:
> At 07:22 AM 2/15/02, you wrote:
> >I have been viewing the sample building geometry .dfx files with
> >AutoCAD LT.  I can see that windows are placed slightly inboard of
> >their companion walls.  Consequently when hidden lines are removed
or
> >when surfaces are colored, all the windows disappear from the
> >rendering.  This makes it difficult or imposible to check the imput
> >for anything other than the simplest building.  Is the .dxf file
> >rendering designed to some existing standard or could the door and
> >window surfaces be relocated outside the walls where they would
> >render easily?
>
> The DXF file uses the coordinates as entered from the IDF or as
converted
> if you have "relative" surface geometry turned on.  If you create
the solid
> model in Autocad's Voloview Express, you see the windows, for
example.  You
> can also have windows with "reveals" -- that is they are
intentionally
> inset into the wall so as to produce shadowing from the wall
projection.

> It seems possible that their might be some rounding error in
relative
> coordinate transformation but other than that, I'm not sure what to
tell
> you.  I'm not familiar with nor have access to AutoCAD LT so cannot
help
> further.
>
> Linda Lawrie

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!