[EnergyPlus_Support] EnergyPlus Allowed geometries

Hi

I have some questions regarding the geometries which EP can model:

1. I understand that EP v.1.0 can only model surfaces which are convex
polygons with 3 or 4 vertices.  Is this still true of v.1.0.1?  If so when
do you expect this limitation to be lifted?

2. In EP v.1.0 windows must be rectangular.  This means that I cannot model
(amongst other things) atrium roofs at present.  This is because the
DesignBuilder simulation software that I am developing triangulates between
user defined roof points to create a set of surfaces.  Triangular windows
would be great!  Do you have a date for a fix for this?

3. Most other simulation codes I have worked with have been non-geometric,
in the sense that surfaces were defined simply as an area facing a
particular direction.  This approach typically uses an external, geometric
modelling package to generate shading data for each surface.  Is there a way
of working like this with EP?

Thanks in anticipation.

Andy Tindale
Energy Coding
Palace Chambers
41 London Rd
Stroud, Glos
GL5 2AJ
UK
tel: +44 (0)1453 755500
fax: +44 (0) 1453 750507
web: www.energycoding.com/
email: andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Access the Worlds Largest network of Web Developers & Designers
Post your Project for FREE
Designers & Developers Bid to get your Business
http://us.click.yahoo.com/LLQM9B/Q.zDAA/yigFAA/dkFolB/TM