Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Geometry

Lourenço:

The floor of an L-shaped room can be modeled as two rectangles.  You
say the program didn't like that.  What error message did you get
when you tried that?

Subsurfaces must be rectangular, so your round window should be
modeled as a square of equivalent area.

Room volume is active and it is used to determine the thermal
capacitance of the room air.

Mike Witte

On 25 Mar 2002, at 11:16, nuno lourenço wrote:

> Hi,i am a portuguese student and started working with energyplus a couple of
> weeks ago.
>
> I have problems modeling the floor of an L shape room.The program only
> accept 3 or 4 vertices and i have 6.
> I tried to divide the floor into 2 rectangular parts with the same
> properties.The program "didn´t liked".
>
> I also have round windows and EP doesn´t have an option for that.
>
> Is the option to give the volume of a room ON?
>
> I thank if anyone could help me overcame this small problems.
>
> Lourenço

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

EnergyPlus Testing and Support