[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: atrium

Hi
We used Microsoft Visio Professional 2002 with service release 1 and
an add on from Microsoft.  Visio can read dxf and dwg files, but you
then have to input Visio walls etc again over the dxf.  We found
walls and windows translated from IFC to IFD reasonably OK, but never
managed to get floors or ceilings/roofs to work.

One other problem was that Visio takes the centreline of the wall as
the plane of the wall, so walls don't actually meet at the corners,
and the space is not "convex".

In summary, we found Visio of marginal use in this application.
Regards
Paul Overy

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@y..., Tikhomir <Tikhomirov@i...> wrote:
> Hello ,
>   is there a way to describe glass wall or atrium in EP (not as a
>   subsurface)?   I'd also like to know  how to create IFC data file
>   (is it possible to convent it from DXF?).
>

> Best regards,
> Kirill                          mailto:Tikhomirov@i...

SALE --> Wireless Video Cameras
for Home Surveillance! VERY TINY! PRICE BREAKTHROUGH - $79.99!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/W0toNC/7o6DAA/yigFAA/dkFolB/TM