RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] We're considering....

Hi;
 It could be a good idea also for energy plus to give an intermediate stage analysis e.g. analyze just a wall or a window with boundary conditions. I found it very useful in other software such as BEANS from Urup Company.

Linda Lawrie <linda@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>At 06:06 AM 6/12/02, Andy Tindale wrote:
>>Over longer report intervals such as a month, I would have thought it
>>possible for non-zero losses and gains to be reported at the same time (??).
>>Combining separate loss and gain variables into a single report variable
>>would make it impossible to resolve total 'losses + gains' into losses and
>>gains.  This may not be important, but personally I would prefer to keep the
>>ability to resolve into losses and gains.
>
>Andy has hit the crux of the matter precisely.  (Something we forgot for a
>few minutes until we thought about it).
>
>While the exclusivity of the +/- is true for each time step of
>consideration, it may not be true in the longer picture such as aggregated
>to a month, a day, or even an hour.  This means the value would be a "net"
>gain or loss for the time period but it also is quite likely that if you
>reported on the value for both daily and monthly that the daily would not
>add up to the monthly.  Which is something that would look quite strange.
>
>We have already done this separation, for example, in the heating and
>cooling area -- where internally we may represent them with +/- for
>convenience, when we report they are always non-negative.  This also means
>you don't need to remember EnergyPlus's convention (sign) for heating/cooling.
>
>Ultimately, though it means a bit more work, we will probably land on the
>side of reporting heat gain and heat loss separately.
>
>Linda

>The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
>http://www.energyplus.gov
>
>The group web site is:

Will You Find True Love?
Will You Meet the One?