Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Night Vent Cooling

Vinay:

The ventilation controls in the COMIS Zone Data object are intended
to model natural ventilation as you describe.

For fixed CFM ventilation, you would use an HVAC system with
economizer controls.

The INFILRTRATION model has no temperature-based controls, so it
would not be possible to model this with that option.  Regarding
exfiltration, the standard airflow model assumes that there is an
equal amount of exfiltration from the same zone to match the
infiltration coming in.  With the COMIS airflow model, air can flow
from one zone to another, but ultimately there is an equal amount of
exfiltration somewhere in the building.  There is no interaction
between HVAC system airflows and COMIS airflows.

Mike Witte