[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: natural ventilation with stack effect

Hi, Mike

Thanks very much for your kindly advice.
Now I am using a simple model to simulate the double skin problem, it
seems that Engergy+ shows somewhat a good signal.

And I will tell you the result later.

******************************************:
Lei Xu

Waseda University
Tokyo, Japan

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@y..., "Michael J. Witte" <mjwitte@g...>
wrote:
> Lei:
>
> If you make the sunspace a separate zone with windows on both the
> exterior and interior walls, solar radiation will be transmitted
> through both sets of windows into the next zone.
>
> You can use the COMIS airflow model to simulate stack effect
> ventilation.
>
> Mike Witte
>

> On 16 Jul 2002, at 3:14, wnstot wrote:
>
> > Hi, all
> >
> > I am Lei from Japan. I am interested in the natural ventilation
in a
> > building, which has a double glazing space in the south.
> >
> > I wonder if Energy+ can deal with such problems, as you known,
the
> > interior surface is also made of glass, can the solar radiation
> > transmit into the interior room.
> >
> > And one more problem is how to simulate the airflow caused by the
> > stack effect, because Energy+ needs to prescribe the airflow rate
> > first.
> >
> > If possible, woould you give me some examples of natural
ventilation?

> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Looking forward to hearing from you.

> > http://www.energyplus.gov