Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] wetness factor

We handle the boundary conditions for the exterior surface that is exposed
to rain by increasing the exterior heat transfer coefficient to a high
value and then exposing the surface to the wet bulb temp instead of the dry
bulb.  This is done for either the CTF or the MTF solution for heat
transfer.  For moisture transfer the moisture boundary conditions will also
have a high exterior mass transfer coefficient and the vapor density is
calculated using the wet bulb and a Relative Humidity = 1.0.  Bulk fluid
flow is not handled with the MTF calculations so the only boundary
conditions that will affect the model is the increased vapor density and
high exterior mass transfer coefficient during the time that it is raining.

Thanks Richard Liesen

At 10:47 AM 7/16/2002, habaza11@xxxxxx wrote:
>Greetings to all;
>Does Energy Plus consider wetness factor in calculating heat transfer (
>e.g consider water absorption/evaporation from exterior building surfaces)
>Thank you.

Save on REALTOR Fees
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Xw80LD/h1ZEAA/Ey.GAA/dkFolB/TM