Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Modelling natural cross-ventilation using COMIS module

Hi,

I have attached a model of a simple cube, with a window in the south facade
and a chimney exhaust zone at the north facade, the zones are connected via
a door and the exhaust has a window at the top of it's north facade. I have
run the simulation for a southerly wind over a day and calculated the
Infiltration-Mass and Mixing-Mass for each zone. However, when i add up the
mass flows (for an hour period - example 18:00 and 20:00) going into a zone
(positive) and going out of a zone (negative), they don't add to zero as i
expected they would. Is this assumption incorrect or am i modelling
something wrong?

Also, I was wondering if the Comis module for EnergyPlus is now maintained
by EnergyPlus since the Comis 3.1 version has gone commercial. Or is the
commercial version going to be plugged into EnergyPlus in the future?

Kind regards

Colin.

ps: I have also looked at using ESP-r for modelling this natural
ventilation, but have found it quite unaccessible (even if they have a
GUI). In comparison I think the documentation and organisation of Energy
Plus is excellent.
Save on REALTOR Fees
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Xw80LD/h1ZEAA/Ey.GAA/dkFolB/TM