Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Control Type Schedules

On 28 Aug 2002, at 14:48, miss_ray wrote:

> I have perhaps a silly question:
>
> In the Control Types Schedules, say for the thermostat of a VAV with
> reheat, you are using discrete numbers 0 through 4. When the Day
> Schedules are created, I assume each whole number in the Day
> Schedule corresponds to a type of control such as SINGLE COOLING
> SETPOINT or DUAL SETPOINT WITH DEADBAND and is used to switch
> between the different types of control based on occupancy. How is
> the correlation made between the whole numbers used in the Day
> Schedule and the type of control?

0 - Uncontrolled (No specification or default)
1 - Single Heating Setpoint
2 - Single Cooling SetPoint
3 - Single Heating/Cooling Setpoint
4 - Dual Setpoint (Heating and Cooling) with deadband

(see pp. 324ff in the Input Output Reference for more details)

> I am having trouble getting my controls to work for a single duct
> VAV with reheat. (My cooling coil is producing 28F discharge air and
> my reheat terminals are running full reheat.)

See the VAVSingleDuctReheat.idf example in EnergyPlus\Examples\Misc
to see how the cooling coil controls should be set up.

Mike

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now