Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] hourly schedules

At 07:48 AM 10/14/2002, Andy Tindale wrote:

Is it possible to create time varying schedules having a smaller interval than one hour in energy plus?  The DaySchedule object does not allow a sufficient subdivision of the day for accurately modelling real buildings of given occupancy. I am thinking of buildings occupied from, say, 9:15 to 11:45 and then from 12: 45 to 4:15.  By rounding these times to the nearest hour we gain a whole hour of occupancy over a day.

This is on the list of "things" to do.  Part of the problem of getting it implemented lies in our current structure and being able to support hourly as well as sub-hourly schedules.  (Also, mis-match of sub-hourly schedules to timesteps in the current simulation (say schedules on the 15 minuts as shown above but the timesteps in the simulation every 10 minutes).

If we can work out a reasonable solution to the above, it won't be difficult (timewise) to implement.  Having the time available is a different story.

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list
Member: EnergyPlus Development Team