RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] EnergyPlus Validation

Just a note to clarify.  It is true that real-life air will absorb
some radiant energy; however, in EnergyPlus, the air is assumed to be
transparent and does not absorb any solar, visible, or infrared
energy.

On 25 Oct 2002, at 10:25, Michelle Smith wrote:

> I would just like to point out, while the test is very interesting on
> a theoretical level, the conditions you are simulating do not exist in
> the real world.
>
> Since your walls have an absorption of zero (I am assuming a radiant
> absorption), they must have a reflectance of one. Or 100% of the
> radiant energy is reflected back into the space, or more precisely,
> reflected back to the air in the space which will be able to absorb
> it. The radiant source heats the air, THEN the air will lose some heat
> to conduction to the walls.

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/JjlUgA/vN2EAA/kG8FAA/dkFolB/TM