From: Clemens Felsmann [mailto:felsmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 7:36 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Heating/Cooling Load

Michael,

thank you for the examples. It was really helpful. Now I know that it is necessary to create a minimum of zone equipment (inlet, air, return node) to be able to calculate loads. Otherwise the predicted load value is nonsens.

But there are further questions: If I change your example file in a way that there is a low dynamic building construction (for instance 5cm/insulation + 25cm/concrete instead of  5cm/concrete only) then the heating load profile becomes inconstant. It seems to me that there have to be some transient processes are going on. (You can see it in the file I putted into the file area)

What are the reasons for this effect? How can I reach a real steady state at a design day?

Thank you in advance!

Clemens

--

Dr.-Ing. Clemens Felsmann
Institut für Thermodynamik und TGA der TU Dresden

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor