Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Mean temperature too high?

Chunming:

This result is very reasonable.  The outside temperature is near 36C,
solar energy is entering through the windows, and the only means for
energy to exit is by conduction out the walls and windows.  The space
temperature must rise until the temperature difference is great
enough to balance the incoming solar.  51C is not unreasonable
(consider how hot it gets inside a parked car with the windows closed
on a hot sunny day).  To see the impact of the solar gains, try
running with your design day Clearness set to zero (this turns off
the sun - zero solar).  For a more realistic model, you should add
some infiltration.  A zero-infiltration building is nearly impossible
to build.

Mike

On 10 Nov 2002, at 16:08, HSIEH Chun-Ming wrote:

> In this case, we have windows but no infiltration and no people and
> equipment inside the room. Thank you very much.
>

> Michael J. Witte wrote:
>
> > Are there windows letting solar in? Is there infiltration to let
> > heat escape? Are there internal gains from people or equipment?
> >
> > Mike
> >

> > On 8 Nov 2002, at 6:55, rmp4aup6 wrote:
> >
> > > Dear all:
> > >
> > > I am simuating a room without air conditioners!(design day)
> > > The max temperature outside is 36C and the daily temp range is
> > > 11C. but the mean temp inside the room increase rapidly from 24C
> > > to 36C in two hours (6 to 8 in the morning) and the highest
> > > temperature is about 51C at 3 in the afternoon. I know it is
> > > theoretically possible to get the result, but are there any
> > > parameters or objects in E+ I could use or how should I imporve
> > > the simulation result so that it will be close to the reality.
> > > (without open windows) Thank you very much.
> > >

> > > chunming

> > EnergyPlus Testing and Support
> > EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> > <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=237459.2482214.3917349.2146399/D=egroupweb/S=
> > 1705007389:HM/A=1267611/R=0/*http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/N2524.Ya
> > hoo/B1071650;sz=300x250;ord=1036776543967050?>

> > http://www.energyplus.gov
> >
> > The group web site is:

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx