FW: [EnergyPlus_Support] IFC to IDF

Just to add a line to my previous letter:

If you use, 0” Wall thickness, you will have to change the material properties later on manually in the .IDF file. I guess this is not that difficult task than changing coordinates.

Monjur

Cristina Castaño/LABEIN and others wrote:

1.- The walls are not conneted and there is a gap between them.

From the developer of the IFC to IDF app:

On point number 1:

The walls are not connected for the reason that this user surmises. BSPro uses the centerline of the wall to position each surface of zero thickness. This is not a problem for the thermal calculations. It is potentially a problem for daylighting, but I do not have current plans to change the approach used by BSPro.

A trick to eliminate this problem:

            I was facing the same problem and found a way. When you draw in ArchiCAD/ ADT, you can use wall thickness of 0”/ 0mm. You will get the output you are looking for.

For your information, I have attached the .IFC and .IDF files with the email.

Regards

***************************************

Monjur M Mourshed

IRUSE

Informatics Research Unit for Sustainable Engineering

National University of Ireland CorkIreland.

Web:   http://www.ecaad.com/monjur

           http://www.ucc.ie/iruse/monjur

Email : m.mourshed@xxxxxxxxxxx

           monjur@xxxxxxxxx

SPAM: ------------------------ Spamnix Spam Report -------------------------
SPAM: Spamnix identified this message as spam.  This report shows which
SPAM: rules matched the message and how many points each rule contributed.
SPAM:
SPAM: Content analysis details:   (6.7 hits, 5 required)
SPAM: SMTPD_IN_RCVD      (2.1 points)  Received via SMTPD32 server (SMTPD32-n.n)
SPAM: FORGED_RCVD_FOUND  (0.0 points)  Possibly-forged 'Received:' header found
SPAM: SPAM_REDIRECTOR    (1.7 points)  URI: Uses open redirection service
SPAM: BIG_FONT           (2.1 points)  BODY: FONT Size +2 and up or 3 and up
SPAM: MAILTO_LINK        (0.8 points)  BODY: Includes a URL link to send an email
SPAM:
SPAM: --------------------- End of Spamnix Spam Report ---------------------