Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] choice of heating system

Ben:

Advice on selecting HVAC systems is really outside the scope of this
group.  Perhaps someone could suggest an HVAC design group to post
the question to.

Once you have decided what types of systems you wish to compare, we
will be glad to help you with any questions on how to model them in
EnergyPlus.

Mike

On 3 Dec 2002, at 1:41, plant1engineer wrote:

> After obtaining all the heat loss data, square footage, volumn, window
> area, etc., how do I determine the best or most reasonable type of
> heating and cooling system?  For example, for a two  story single
> family residence, do I use hot water coils in a forced air unit or a
> direct flame chamber to circulating air. Is it reasonable to use say,
> 2- 2 1/2 ton A/C units,(basement/attic locations, rather than one
> large basement unit, etc. I'm a neophyte and need choices based on
> experience.
>                           Ben Carlino

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is: