Von: Michael J. Witte [mailto:mjwitte@xxxxxxxx]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 02. Jänner 2003 20:57
An: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Thermal Conductance

EnergyPlus does account for inside and outside film coefficients, but
not in the way that this has traditionally been handled in many
simulation programs.
 When a film coefficient is used in other
programs, it is often a fixed value and does not vary.
 In
EnergyPlus, not only does this value vary with the conditions of the
surface and the surroundings, it can also split the radiation and
convection terms into separate terms.
 This should result in a more
accurate solution.
 The report value in the construction output only
takes the user-defined portion of the wall construction into
account.
 Note that it is possible to obtain the convection
coefficients as output, if the user is interested in seeing its value
or how it varies:

Surface Int Convection Coeff[W/m2-K]
Surface Ext Convection Coeff[W/m2-K]

On 2 Jan 2003, at 16:51, Alexander Beisteiner wrote:

> Dear E+ User
> Looking at the construction output file, I found that the thermal
> resistance (W/m²-K) of a construction is the sum of the resistances of
> all layers- of course. But what about the thermal resistance of inside
> and outside air surface film? Does not E+ account for these values? I
> am looking forward to your comment. Regards Alexander
>
> __________________________________
> DI (FH) Alexander Beisteiner
> Forschungs- und Technologietransfer
> Pinkafeld GmbH
> Steinamangerstrasse 21
> 7423 Pinkafeld
>
> alexander.beisteiner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>  <http://www.fh-pinkafeld.ac.at/> http://www.fh-pinkafeld.ac.at
> Tel.: 0043/3357/45370-1324
> Fax: 0043/3357/45370/1010

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to

Turn flat surfaces into speakers with the Soundbug.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QWAVSC/onCFAA/xGHJAA/dkFolB/TM