[EnergyPlus_Support] Capabilities and modules of EnergyPlus

Linda,

I'm trying to select a software for  future simulation
development by comparing the capabilities and fidelity
of several tools. EnergyPlus seems to be a very good
one because it's derived from two successful packages,
DOE-2 and BLAST. Now I would like to look into more
details of it and I wonder if there is a complete list
of models (or modules) of EnergyPlus for different
types of equipment related to building simulation.
Does EnergyPlus have all the modeling capabilities of
and inherit all the equipment models from DOE-2 and
BLAST? For example, I heard that DOE-2 has a
refrigerated case equipment model that can be used to
calculate the case load as well as its contribution to
the space AC load for supermarket simulation. Does
EnergyPlus have this?

Is there any validation of E+ for humidity control and
simulation with the predictor-corrector algorithm?
How's thermal mass/furniture modeled in E+? Is it
possible to obtain the transient thermal responses of
the indoor air and building structure at startup and
shutdown? Is 15 minutes still the minimum time step
that can be used for predictions of temperature,
humidity and building load?

Regards,

Zhuo

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Flexible Keyboard is the ideal accessory for PDA users that are on the move.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dCBVZC/WnCFAA/xGHJAA/dkFolB/TM