Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Solar Radiation Problem

Daniel:

There's a problem with your weather file.  In the eio output file,
the location report show latitude=0, longitude=0:

! <Location>, Location Name, Latitude, Longitude, Time Zone Number,
Elevation {m}
 Location, UNKNOWN UN UNKNOWN WYEC2-R-94925 WMO#=,    0.00,    0.00,
  0.00,       577.00

The header in your weather file has zeroes for lat, long, time zone,
and elevation.  The location data in the weather file overrides the
LOCATION object in the input file.  Although I see that it did not
override the elevation (something to check into).

So, you need to edit the first line of your epw file to fix the
location data.

Mike

On 20 Jan 2003, at 18:23, Daniel Grunbaum wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have uploaded an input file to the support web page of a naturally
> ventilated building being simulated in Canberra, Australia. I would
> expect the rooms on the north west side of the building to get wormer
> than those on the south east in the summer, however this does not
> occur. Does anyone have any idea of why this might be occurring ?
>
> The input file and the weather file I am using are located at
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/files/Problem_Submitt
> als/So lar%20Radiation/
>
> Thanks
>
> Dan G

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

Turn flat surfaces into speakers with the Soundbug.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QWAVSC/onCFAA/xGHJAA/dkFolB/TM